IR@PKUHSC  > 北京大学第二临床医学院
学科主题临床医学
Factors influencing ambulance use in patients with ST-elevation myocardial infarction in Beijing, China
Yan Hong-bing1; Song Li1; Chen Hui2; Zhang Jian3; Li Shi-ying1; Li Qing-xiang1; Cheng Shu-juan1; Wang Jian1; Zhao Han-jun1; Hu Da-yi4
关键词Myocardial Infarction Predictors Ambulance Use
刊名CHINESE MEDICAL JOURNAL
2009-02-05
DOI10.3760/cma.j.issn.0366-6999.2009.03.007
122期:3页:272-278
收录类别SCI
文章类型Article
WOS标题词Science & Technology
类目[WOS]Medicine, General & Internal
资助者Beijing Municipal Science and Technology Commission ; Beijing Municipal Science and Technology Commission
研究领域[WOS]General & Internal Medicine
关键词[WOS]EMERGENCY MEDICAL-SERVICES ; CHEST-PAIN ; PREINFARCTION ANGINA ; DELAY ; CARE ; PREDICTORS ; REPERFUSION ; COMMUNITIES ; TRANSPORT ; AUSTRALIA
英文摘要

Background Emergency medical service plays a key role in the early recognition and treatment of ST-elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI), but studies indicate that the patients experiencing STEMI symptoms often fail to call an ambulance as recommended. This study aimed to examine the current ambulance transport frequency and ascertain predictors and reasons for not choosing ambulance transportation by the patients with STEMI in Beijing.

Methods A prospective, cross-sectional survey was conducted from January 1, 2006 through until June 30, 2007 in two tertiary hospitals in Beijing and included consecutive patients with STEMI admitted within 24 hours of onset of symptoms. Data were collected by structured interviews and medical records review.

Results Of the 572 patients, only 172 (30.1%) used an ambulance, and the remaining 400 (69.9%) presented by self-transport. Multivariate analysis showed that age <65 years (OR: 1.220; 95% Cl: 1.001-2.043), lower education level (OR: 1.582; 95% Cl: 1.003-2.512), presence of pre-infarction angina (OR: 1.595; 95% CI: 1.086-2.347), and attribution of symptoms to non-cardiac origin (OR: 1.519; 95% Cl: 1.011-2.284) were independent predictors for not using an ambulance. However, history of coronary artery disease (CAD), dyspnea, perceiving symptoms to be serious, and knowing the meaning of cardiopulmonary resuscitation appeared to be independent predictors of ambulance use. The main reasons for not using an ambulance were convenience and quickness of self-transport and the decreased severity of symptoms.

Conclusions A large proportion of patients in Beijing do not call for an ambulance after onset of STEMI symptoms. Several factors including demographics, previous CAD, symptoms and cognitive factors of patients are associated with the ambulance use. The public should be educated that an ambulance is not merely a transportation modality and that it also provides rapid diagnosis and treatment.

语种英语
所属项目编号[2005]593
资助者Beijing Municipal Science and Technology Commission ; Beijing Municipal Science and Technology Commission
WOS记录号WOS:000263313200007
Citation statistics
Cited Times:9[WOS]   [WOS Record]     [Related Records in WOS]
文献类型期刊论文
条目标识符http://ir.bjmu.edu.cn/handle/400002259/51302
Collection北京大学第二临床医学院
作者单位1.Capital Med Univ, Beijing Anzhen Hosp, Div 28, Beijing 100029, Peoples R China
2.Beijing Emergency Med Ctr, Beijing 100031, Peoples R China
3.China Japan Friendship Hosp, Dept Emergency, Beijing 100029, Peoples R China
4.Peking Univ, Peoples Hosp, Ctr Heart, Beijing 100044, Peoples R China
Recommended Citation
GB/T 7714
Yan Hong-bing,Song Li,Chen Hui,et al. Factors influencing ambulance use in patients with ST-elevation myocardial infarction in Beijing, China[J]. CHINESE MEDICAL JOURNAL,2009,122(3):272-278.
APA Yan Hong-bing.,Song Li.,Chen Hui.,Zhang Jian.,Li Shi-ying.,...&Hu Da-yi.(2009).Factors influencing ambulance use in patients with ST-elevation myocardial infarction in Beijing, China.CHINESE MEDICAL JOURNAL,122(3),272-278.
MLA Yan Hong-bing,et al."Factors influencing ambulance use in patients with ST-elevation myocardial infarction in Beijing, China".CHINESE MEDICAL JOURNAL 122.3(2009):272-278.
Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Related Services
Recommend this item
Bookmark
Usage statistics
Export to Endnote
谷歌学术
谷歌学术Similar articles in
[Yan Hong-bing]'s Articles
[Song Li]'s Articles
[Chen Hui]'s Articles
百度学术
百度学术Similar articles in
[Yan Hong-bing]'s Articles
[Song Li]'s Articles
[Chen Hui]'s Articles
必应学术
必应学术Similar articles in
[Yan Hong-bing]'s Articles
[Song Li]'s Articles
[Chen Hui]'s Articles
Terms of Use
No data!
Social Bookmark/Share
All comments (0)
No comment.
 

Items in the repository are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.