北京大学医学部机构知识库
Advanced  
IR@PKUHSC  > 北京大学第一临床医学院  > 泌尿外科  > 期刊论文
学科主题: 临床医学
题名:
Efficacy of sunitinib in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma: initial experience in two Chinese centers
作者: He Zhisong1,2,3; Guo Gang4; Zhang Cuijian1,2,3; Li Xuesong1,2,3; Fu Weijun4; Jin Jie1,2,3; Zhang Xu4; Zhou Liqun1,2,3
关键词: sunitinib ; renal cell carcinoma ; metastasis ; efficacy ; targeted therapy
刊名: CHINESE MEDICAL JOURNAL
发表日期: 2014-04-20
DOI: 10.3760/cma.j.issn.0366-6999.20132411
卷: 127, 期:8, 页:1450-1453
收录类别: SCI
文章类型: Article
WOS标题词: Science & Technology
类目[WOS]: Medicine, General & Internal
研究领域[WOS]: General & Internal Medicine
关键词[WOS]: INTERFERON-ALPHA ; TRIAL ; SURVIVAL ; THERAPY
英文摘要:

Background The advent of targeted therapy has proved a milestone in the history of metastatic renal cell carcinoma treatment, and several guidelines now recommend sunitinib as first- or second-line treatment. But little is known about its efficacy in Asian patients. The aim of this article was to evaluate the efficacy of sunitinib monotherapy in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma treated at two Chinese centers.

Methods One hundred and forty-one patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma were included in the study. Of them, 119 patients received single-agent sunitinib as first-line therapy and the remaining 22 patients received it as second-line therapy. One hundred and twenty patients received sunitinib in a dosage of 50 mg orally once daily on a 4-2 schedule (4 weeks on treatment, 2 weeks off), while 21 patients received 37.5 mg/day continuously until either disease progression or unacceptable toxicity occurred. The overall response rate, survival outcomes, and safety were evaluated.

Results Over a median follow-up time of 23 months (16 cycles; range 2-45 months), complete responses, partial responses, and stable disease lasting two cycles or longer were achieved in 2.8%, 24.1%, and 60.3% of patients respectively (objective response rate 26.9%; overall benefit 87.2%). The median progression-free survival was 14.2 months (range 3-39 months). During the study, 53 patients died and the median survival time was 13.5 months (range 7-25 months). Dose modification or treatment interruption due to adverse events was required in 36.9% of the patients. The most common adverse events were hand foot syndrome (71.4%), thrombocytopenia (68.8%), hypertension (47.1%), and fatigue (46.3%).

Conclusion Sunitinib had a favorable efficacy/tolerability profile in Chinese patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma.

语种: 英语
WOS记录号: WOS:000335936700011
Citation statistics:
内容类型: 期刊论文
URI标识: http://ir.bjmu.edu.cn/handle/400002259/53636
Appears in Collections:北京大学第一临床医学院_泌尿外科_期刊论文

Files in This Item:

There are no files associated with this item.


作者单位: 1.Peking Univ, Hosp 1, Dept Urol, Beijing 100034, Peoples R China
2.Peking Univ, Inst Urol, Beijing 100034, Peoples R China
3.Natl Urol Canc Ctr, Beijing 100034, Peoples R China
4.Peoples Liberat Army Gen Hosp, Dept Urol Surg, Beijing 100083, Peoples R China

Recommended Citation:
He Zhisong,Guo Gang,Zhang Cuijian,et al. Efficacy of sunitinib in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma: initial experience in two Chinese centers[J]. CHINESE MEDICAL JOURNAL,2014,127(8):1450-1453.
Service
Recommend this item
Sava as my favorate item
Show this item's statistics
Export Endnote File
Google Scholar
Similar articles in Google Scholar
[He Zhisong]'s Articles
[Guo Gang]'s Articles
[Zhang Cuijian]'s Articles
CSDL cross search
Similar articles in CSDL Cross Search
[He Zhisong]‘s Articles
[Guo Gang]‘s Articles
[Zhang Cuijian]‘s Articles
Related Copyright Policies
Null
Social Bookmarking
Add to CiteULike Add to Connotea Add to Del.icio.us Add to Digg Add to Reddit

Items in IR are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.

 

 

Valid XHTML 1.0!
Copyright © 2007-2017  北京大学医学部 - Feedback
Powered by CSpace