北京大学医学部机构知识库
Advanced  
IR@PKUHSC  > 北京大学临床肿瘤学院  > 超声科  > 期刊论文
学科主题: 临床医学
题名:
The use of contrast-enhanced ultrasonography in the selection of patients with hepatocellular carcinoma for radio frequency ablation therapy
作者: Chen, Min-Hua; Wu, Wei; Yang, Wei; Dai, Ying; Gao, Wen; Yin, Shan-Shan; Yan, Kun
关键词: contrast-enhanced ultrasonography ; hepatocellular carcinoma ; indications ; radio frequency ablation therapy
刊名: JOURNAL OF ULTRASOUND IN MEDICINE
发表日期: 2007-08-01
卷: 26, 期:8, 页:1055-1063
收录类别: SCI
文章类型: Article
WOS标题词: Science & Technology
类目[WOS]: Acoustics ; Radiology, Nuclear Medicine & Medical Imaging
研究领域[WOS]: Acoustics ; Radiology, Nuclear Medicine & Medical Imaging
关键词[WOS]: PERCUTANEOUS RADIOFREQUENCY ABLATION ; UNRESECTABLE LIVER-TUMORS ; THERMAL ABLATION ; HEPATIC-LESIONS ; AGENT ; ULTRASOUND ; DIFFERENTIATION ; SONOGRAPHY ; EFFICACY ; GUIDANCE
英文摘要:

Objective. The purpose of this study was to evaluate the use of contrast-enhanced ultrasonography (CEUS) in selecting patients with hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) for radio frequency ablation (RFA). Methods. One hundred seventy-nine patients with HCC were divided into 2 groups before receiving RFA: a CEUS group and a control group. The patients were concatenated and alternately apportioned into these 2 groups. In the CEUS group, 92 patients underwent pre-RFA CEUS using the contrast agent sulfur hexafluoride and enhanced computed tomography or magnetic resonance imaging before RFA for selecting suitable cases for RFA, and in the control group, conventional ultrasonography and enhanced computed tomography or magnetic resonance imaging were performed in 87 patients for selecting patients. Results. In the CEUS group, 9 patients (9.8%) were excluded for RFA therapy by CEUS. The other 83 patients (90.2%), with a total of 114 lesions, were treated by RFA. In the control group, 5 patients (5.7%) were excluded for RFA. The other 82 patients (94.3%), with a total of 107 lesions, were treated by RFA. During the follow-up period of 18 to 50 months, the primary technique effectiveness rates in the CEUS and control groups were 94.7% and 87.9%, respectively (P = .1182). The local tumor progression rate, the new HCC rate, and the repeated RFA rate of the CEUS group were significantly lower than those of the control group (P = .033, .004, and .001, respectively). Conclusions. Pre-RFA CEUS provides important information for selecting suitable patients for RFA. The use of CEUS in selecting patients with HCC can decrease post-RFA local tumor progression and improve the efficacy of RFA therapy.

语种: 英语
WOS记录号: WOS:000248518600007
Citation statistics:
内容类型: 期刊论文
URI标识: http://ir.bjmu.edu.cn/handle/400002259/57197
Appears in Collections:北京大学临床肿瘤学院_超声科_期刊论文

Files in This Item:

There are no files associated with this item.


作者单位: Peking Univ, Beijing Canc Hosp & Inst, Sch Oncol, Dept Ultrasound, Beijing 100036, Peoples R China

Recommended Citation:
Chen, Min-Hua,Wu, Wei,Yang, Wei,et al. The use of contrast-enhanced ultrasonography in the selection of patients with hepatocellular carcinoma for radio frequency ablation therapy[J]. JOURNAL OF ULTRASOUND IN MEDICINE,2007,26(8):1055-1063.
Service
Recommend this item
Sava as my favorate item
Show this item's statistics
Export Endnote File
Google Scholar
Similar articles in Google Scholar
[Chen, Min-Hua]'s Articles
[Wu, Wei]'s Articles
[Yang, Wei]'s Articles
CSDL cross search
Similar articles in CSDL Cross Search
[Chen, Min-Hua]‘s Articles
[Wu, Wei]‘s Articles
[Yang, Wei]‘s Articles
Related Copyright Policies
Null
Social Bookmarking
Add to CiteULike Add to Connotea Add to Del.icio.us Add to Digg Add to Reddit

Items in IR are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.

 

 

Valid XHTML 1.0!
Copyright © 2007-2017  北京大学医学部 - Feedback
Powered by CSpace