北京大学医学部机构知识库
Advanced  
IR@PKUHSC  > 北京大学第二临床医学院  > 期刊论文
学科主题: 临床医学
题名:
Three methods assess nutritional status of leukemia patients before hematopoietic stem cell transplantation
作者: Liu Peng1; Yan Xia2; Wang Bo-shi1; Xu Xiao-dong2
关键词: hematopoietic stem cell transplantation ; leukemia ; nutrition ; nutritional assessment
刊名: CHINESE MEDICAL JOURNAL
发表日期: 2012-02-05
DOI: 10.3760/cma.j.issn.0366-6999.2012.03.007
卷: 125, 期:3, 页:440-443
收录类别: SCI
文章类型: Article
WOS标题词: Science & Technology
类目[WOS]: Medicine, General & Internal
研究领域[WOS]: General & Internal Medicine
关键词[WOS]: CANCER INCIDENCE ; CHINA ; RISK
英文摘要:

Background Some leukemia patients before hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT) have nutritional risk or undernutrition, which was one of the main reasons that caused series of complications during transplantation. The aim of this study was to find out some appropriate methods to learn about the nutritional status of leukemia patients before HSCT.

Methods Nutritional status of patients with leukemia was assessed with three common methods of nutritional assessment (nutritional risk screening 2002 (NRS2002), mini nutritional assessment (MNA) and subjective global assessment (SGA)) before HSCT. The assessment results of NRS2002 and MNA were compared by paired chi(2) test. The consistency was analyzed by Kappa test.

Results In this study, 13 of 50 patients (26.0%) with leukemia had nutritional risk before HSCT assessed by NR52002, including 7 patients (14.0%) with undernutrition. Of 50 patients assessed by SGA, only 1 case (2.0%) was mild or moderate undernutrition, and the remaining 49 patients (98.0%) were well-nutrition. Assessed by MNA, 1 case (2.0%) was undernutrition, 11 cases (22.0%) were potential undernutrition, and 38 cases (76.0%) were well-nutrition. Paired chi(2) test results showed that the difference between NRS2002 and MNA was statistically significant (chi(2)=13.64, P<0.05); Kappa test results showed that they were consistent between NRS2002 and MNA (Kappa=0.62, P<0.05).

Conclusions It is important to know the nutritional status of patients with leukemia before HSCT, and NRS2002 should be the first choice of nutritional assessment for patients with leukemia. If NRS2002 and MNA used at the same time, the accuracy and comprehensiveness of the assessment can be improved. Chin Med J 2012;125(3):440-443

语种: 英语
WOS记录号: WOS:000300749600007
Citation statistics:
内容类型: 期刊论文
URI标识: http://ir.bjmu.edu.cn/handle/400002259/63979
Appears in Collections:北京大学第二临床医学院_期刊论文

Files in This Item:

There are no files associated with this item.


作者单位: 1.Peking Univ, Peoples Hosp, Dept Clin Nutr, Beijing 100044, Peoples R China
2.Peking Univ, Peoples Hosp, Dept Hematol, Beijing 100044, Peoples R China

Recommended Citation:
Liu Peng,Yan Xia,Wang Bo-shi,et al. Three methods assess nutritional status of leukemia patients before hematopoietic stem cell transplantation[J]. CHINESE MEDICAL JOURNAL,2012,125(3):440-443.
Service
Recommend this item
Sava as my favorate item
Show this item's statistics
Export Endnote File
Google Scholar
Similar articles in Google Scholar
[Liu Peng]'s Articles
[Yan Xia]'s Articles
[Wang Bo-shi]'s Articles
CSDL cross search
Similar articles in CSDL Cross Search
[Liu Peng]‘s Articles
[Yan Xia]‘s Articles
[Wang Bo-shi]‘s Articles
Related Copyright Policies
Null
Social Bookmarking
Add to CiteULike Add to Connotea Add to Del.icio.us Add to Digg Add to Reddit

Items in IR are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.

 

 

Valid XHTML 1.0!
Copyright © 2007-2017  北京大学医学部 - Feedback
Powered by CSpace